FileTrail is looking for a qualified candidate to join an elite group of US-based software engineers and quality assurance specialists to help with our next phase of growth. Our software is used by Fortune 500 corporations, top law firms, and governments worldwide. For over 20 years, we have had an immediate impact on our clients’ operations using our modern web product with advanced business tools.
We are seeking to build a better bridge between idea and execution by bringing an experienced Business Analyst onto the team. Our products are evolving to meet the changing needs of our clients, both current and future, and we have identified an opportunity to improve our efficiency by adding a dedicated role, primary responsible understanding stakeholder requirements, crafting them into detailed backlog items, and verifying the functionality of the resulting enhancements.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience as a Business Analyst either in name or by way of operational duties, excellent communication and organizational skills, a strong background in the software development industry, technical writing experience is essential.
Technical writing, software design, database design, communication with varied audiences, requirements gathering, gap analysis, problem solving, critical thinking, organization, relationship management.
- Become an expert in the use of company software products
- Interpret market trends and provide reports to assist decision-makers with product strategy
- Gather operational requirements from clients and other stakeholders, both technical and non-technical
- Construct workflow diagrams
- Work closely with team members to write and maintain functional documentation
- Design system enhancements and modifications, from a high level down to the details
- Provide detailed business requirements to developers
- Collaborate with quality assurance specialists to verify expected results and output
- Monitor product backlog progress and track key activities
- Verify reported issues against documented and expected behaviors
- Write technical documentation for internal audiences and client literature
- Relevant education and/or demonstrated work experience
- Background of participating in the software design and development process
- Detail-oriented, inquisitive, and analytical nature
- Ability to break down detailed business objectives and processes into digestible technical requirements
- Comfortable working with individuals at all levels of the organization and coordinating cross-departmental initiatives
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Reliable, self-directed, and self-motivated in a remote work position
- Experience in information governance, records management, and/or legal industry
- Hands-on software design, development, or quality assurance
- Experience with Microsoft Azure DevOps
- Scrum certifications, such as CSM/PSM or CPO/PSPO
To apply, please submit your resume via email by selecting the button below and we will contact you with next steps. Please be sure to mention the position you’re interested in in the subject line. Thank you!