Austin-based software company is looking for data migration specialist, with strong experience in SQL Server scripting, to help with the next phase of our growth. We are a 21-year-old company, with software products being used by law firms, pharma, and Fortune 500 corporations worldwide.
You will leverage an existing extract tool for extracting data to a standard format, where our existing import tools will handle the back-half of a migration. A migration may require small tweaks using the extract tool built for the legacy system. Or it may require creating a new extracts for a legacy system that is new to us.
You will leverage and hone your SQL skills on projects performing migration of data from legacy products to our product. This position requires strong t-sql experience, good analytical skills, and solid interpersonal skills. You will work semi-autonomously, creating and testing migration steps, while interacting with project management staff, technical staff, and the customer to gather information, plan migration steps, demonstrate results, and understand issues or defects to be resolved.
Prior data migration experience is important. A 4-year technical degree or related coursework is a plus.
SKILLS: SQL Server t-sql, SQL Management Studio.
- Experience working in project teams and interacting with clients.
- Extensive experience in SQL Server t-sql.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
2 or more years of professional, full-time work experience.
Technical certification or BS in Information Science, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Ability to translate intricate objectives and processes into technical solutions.
- Ability to communicate with non-technical people, manage expectations, and set boundaries.
- Professional who enjoys innovating and making a real difference in customer experience.
- Reliable and self-directed.
- Strong communicator who can work directly with technical and non-technical staff.
- Strong problem solving and research skills.
- Enjoys crafting well-designed processes.
During the interview process please be prepared to discuss or present examples of prior projects.
To apply please use the form below: