- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
- 100% Remote, though part-time in our Austin office is preferred.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
Austin-based software company is looking for data migration specialist, with strong experience in SQL Server scripting, to help with the next phase of our growth. We are a 21-year-old company, with software products being used by law firms, pharma, and Fortune 500 corporations worldwide.
You will leverage your knowledge and experience to work as part of a collaborative data migration team in a fast-paced rapid-growth environment, performing migration of data from legacy products to our product, using established processes and procedures.
This position requires strong transact-sql skills and an ability to analyze unfamiliar data structures to determine the most efficient means of extracting business data. This position also requires good interpersonal skills – you will be interacting with project management staff, technical staff, other data migration specialists, and the customer.
As a Data Migration Specialist, you will be a key member of the product implementation team, assisting the team in gathering data requirements, planning the data migration, responding to issues or defects to be resolved, delivering and reporting on results, and ensuring the integrity of the migrated data throughout the process.
Prior data migration experience is important. A 4-year technical degree or related coursework is a plus. Experience with data related to iManage, Aderant, Elite, LegalKEY, ARM, Accutrac, FileSurf, InfoLinx, or IBM FileNet P8 is a plus.
Transact-sql, SQL Management Studio, DBA
- Experience attending ETL processes for data migration.
Experience designing, administering or analyzing relational databases.
Extensive experience writing transact-sql for ETL.
Experience working as part of a collaborative team.
Good communication and presentation skills.
3 or more years of professional, full-time work experience.
Technical certification or BS in Information Science, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to translate intricate objectives and processes into technical solutions.
- Ability to communicate with non-technical people, manage expectations, and set boundaries.
- Professional who enjoys innovating and making a real difference in customer experience.
- Reliable and self-directed.
- Strong communicator who can work directly with technical and non-technical staff.
- Strong problem solving and research skills.
- Enjoys crafting well-designed processes.
During the interview process please be prepared to discuss or present examples of prior projects.