FileTrail is looking for a data migration specialist, with strong experience retrieving or manipulating data in SQL Server databases. This position requires strong t-sql and SQL Management Studio experience, good analytical skills, and solid interpersonal skills. You will work semi-autonomously, creating and testing migration steps, while interacting with project management staff, technical staff, and client staff to gather information, plan migration steps, demonstrate results, and understand issues or defects to be resolved.
QA Engineers test code at the user level, both manually and with automated tools. Software QA Engineers work with Software Development Engineers to understand features and technical implementation. Software QA Engineers also work with groups such as Product Management, User Experience Design, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and test suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests. Software QA Engineers are also responsible for driving the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies.
- Responsible for development of test strategies and creation of appropriate test harnesses.
- Will work with a team of quality engineering professions to ensure the highest quality product delivery
- Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience developing in a Linux environment and in utilizing virtual machines
- Expert in software quality and testing methodologies
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 3-8+ years of software development and testing experience
- Proficiency in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Java, C++, or C#
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis
- Experience building and designing test cases including knowledge of test methodologies
- Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
- Experience with API automation testing including unit test automation frameworks
- Experience with Android, iOS or other mobile application development or testing is a plus
- Java coding skills
- Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment and utilizing virtual machines
- Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience developing product test harnesses
- Experience with open source tools and resources
- Experience working in project teams.
- Experience manipulating data with t-sql.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Precise communication and presentation skills.
- 2 or more years of professional, full-time work experience.
- Ability to translate intricate business objectives and processes into technical solutions.
- Motivated professional who enjoys innovating and making a real difference in customer experience.
- Strong communicator who can work directly with clients and peers.
Technical certification or BS in Information Science or Computer Science.
- Prior data migration experience.
- Project work in production environments.
- 4-year degree.