Here at FileTrail, we’re exciting to be on the hunt for a social and digital media maven. The social media intern will play an active role in the development of FileTrail’s online community. Under the supervision of the Marketing Director, the intern will maintain the company’s presence on various social media platforms and help create and publish content that is relevant to our customer base. The intern will learn how to reach communities, and promote events or programs through the internet and gain experience in social media platforms and the tools used to assess their performance.
- Updates Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn accounts
- Responds to posts or comments to bring value to user’s interactions with FileTrail
- Posts news and announcements in a timely manner using appropriate content
- Performs research to find articles, stories, resources, or other content that is relevant to our customer base and posts it to our social networks in a manner that invites conversation and interaction
- Updates social media accounts with current and relevant photos, video, or other content
- Maintains current information in Google+, LinkedIn, Wikipedia, and Yelp accounts.
- Completes other social media projects as assigned.
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft applications, basic photo-editing software, and internet browsers.
- Working towards Bachelors Degree in Media, Communications, English or equivalent preferred
- Experience with Photoshop or Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Familiarity and facility with mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Yelp, LinkedIn, and Google+.