Must be able to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems as it relates to cable, internet, and phone products and services while answering general account inquiries in a single customer interaction to maximize the customer experience.
- Must be able to articulate step-by-step technical resolution to customers in an organized manner.
- Must be able to follow company/client established troubleshooting guidelines to include use of appropriate resources and desktop tools. Will also produce customer work orders according to client policy as needed
- Must have the ability to read and navigate the computer systems/applications while multi-tasking between screens, tools and systems
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers, while effectively gaining the customer’s cooperation to troubleshoot and ensure customer problem resolution
- Remains knowledgeable of the product’s procedural guidelines for issuing service and handling technical escalations for bulk customer accounts (MDU).
- Works to minimize or reduce truck rolls through proper troubleshooting techniques.
- Demonstrates functional skill in communicating and explaining billing account information to the customer with a first-call resolution focus.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate and communicate taxes, fees, and/or reoccurring monthly fees effectively
- Ability to explain customer billing cycles, including prorating effectively to ensure customers understand their monthly statements
- Resolves billing discrepancies on customers billing statements, while researching customer billing as necessary
- Ensures the resolution of customer billing concerns/inquiries, whenever possible, according to procedures and standards
- Answers inbound customer calls and effectively respond to customer inquiries and concern
- Process payment information, and attempt to collect delinquent account balances
- Answers customer inquiries clearly and logically; builds rapport, clarifies by asking relevant questions and validates all information given; ensures customer satisfaction at all times
- Up sells products and services according to the established need/s of the customer; explains product / service detail and procedure for account processing
- Overcome objections from customers, in order to turn the call around and transition to a sale.
- Responsible in maintaining First Call Resolution.
- Responsible to keep and uphold integrity in handling customer’s account information in each and every call.
- Observes quality standards for all calls handled while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Adheres to company policies and team rules at all times; actively participates in team meetings and supports team activities.
- Follows guidelines for Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) and Personal Identifiable Information (PII).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma/GED required; Associates Degree preferred
One-year technical support background preferred