- This firm’s journey began as they implemented FileTrail Matter Mobility to achieve a dramatic reduction of labor required for managing stakeholders and processing documents and records in lateral transfers.
- The need to streamline lateral transfers had grown dramatically over the five years between 2017–2021, as the firm grew revenue by 6% while going through a dramatic 15% reduction in headcount from lateral moves and cost-cutting.
- The firm has made great advances on their journey by using FileTrail Matter Mobility to dispose of electronic documents and destroy physical records. Automatic notifications, online review and approval, and gathering approved documents save time, while tools for oversight and reporting make it easy for IG staff to spot bottlenecks and report results.
FileTrail at a glance
- Connecting to iManage Work and the LegalKEY records management software.
- Configuring FileTrail Governance to support their migration from LegalKEY to iCompli.
- Synchronizing 500K matters from the financial system.
- Currently governing over 18M documents and 1.3M physical folders.
- Automating lateral transfers that pulled almost 1M documents from iManage Work and over 26K physical folders from LegalKEY and iCompli.