- This firm’s journey began as they implemented FileTrail Records Management to replace a legacy solution and FileTrail Governance to govern electronic documents.
- The need to govern documents had grown dramatically over the five years between 2017–2021, as the firm grew revenue by 34% with only 5% growth in headcount. At the same time, their legacy physical records management system had lost support – after having no modernization for nearly a decade.
- The firm has made great advances on the trail by disposing of electronic documents and destroying physical records. All the related change in policies and practices were happening during significant growth of the firm.
FileTrail at a Glance
Important milestones in the journey include:
- Implementing FileTrail Records Management, with all legacy data migrated.
- Using automated tools to synchronize 700K matters from the financial system.
- Connecting to file shares, NetDocuments, and FileTrail Records Management.
- Governing more than 90M documents and records, comprised of:
- » 23.4M document in NetDocuments
- » 68.1M documents in file shares »
- 2.1M records in FileTrail Records Management
- Completing a trial disposition of over 150K documents and records. O
- Planning a disposition of 8M documents and records for summer of 2022.