IG and RMS leader looks toward continued success in new year
AUSTIN, Texas – December 17, 2020 – FileTrail, the leader in modern information governance and records management software for law firms and highly regulated industries, announces it will finish the year with several key achievements and significant growth over the prior 12 months. In addition to seeing 30% revenue growth and several new product implementations completed, the company has increased its staff by more than 30% as well.
FileTrail began the year celebrating its 20-year anniversary, and in February unveiled updates to its popular FileTrail GPS (Governance Policy Suite) that included significant new functionality and a streamlined user interface to make information workers even more efficient and productive. FileTrail GPS includes three core modules that work in concert to advance IG, helping law firms save money, reduce risk and address increasingly stringent client and regulatory compliance obligations. Those modules are:
- Policy Manager to implement retention, holds and outside counsel guidelines for documents and records
- Records Manager to create, locate, track and audit physical records
- Mobility Manager to streamline lateral moves and client requests
Also in February, FileTrail was recognized for changing the way law firms address their IG obligations with its next-generation FileTrail GPS when it was named to the National Law Journal’s 2020 Emerging Legal Technologies List.
The following months saw continuous activity and milestones for the company:
- March – FileTrail expanded its account management and business development teams in the U.S. and UK when it welcomed industry veterans Keith Schneider and Jon Roscow.
- June – After spending its first 20 years in business based in the California Bay Area, FileTrail announced the move of its company headquarters to Austin, Texas. The relocation is due in large part to FileTrail’s growth, including the need to accommodate its recently expanded team. The success of FileTrail GPS has driven the company’s most recent growth and its need to expand development, sales and marketing, customer support and administrative operations.
- August – FileTrail GPS 5.0 was released, providing updates to address the IG challenges of remote working, disposition related to critical needs around cost-cutting and eliminating paper and policy management tied to increasingly stringent client and regulatory compliance requirements.
- October – FileTrail announced its acquisition of OmniRIM Physical Records Management software.
- November – The company signed a new partnership and reseller agreement with UK-based legal technology consultancy Pinnacle.
- December – Prominent Am Law 100 law firm announced its successful disposition of more than 1.5 million documents with FileTrail GPS Policy Manager.
FileTrail remains the leading provider of comprehensive IG and RM solutions for law firms driven to adopt a more holistic and rigorous approach to information governance and compliance. The company added a number of prominent law firms, including seven Am Law 100 firms, to its impressive roster of clients in 2020 and completed installations of various modules of FileTrail GPS with several long-term clients.
“A year ago, we thought the biggest test of 2020 would be moving our company headquarters from California to Texas. That became the least of our challenges when faced with the pandemic and helping clients quickly pivot to remote work environments while ensuring their IG policy initiatives remained fully intact,” says FileTrail president Darrell Mervau. “Amid all the difficulty of 2020, our company achieved tremendous growth and new milestones, which are a testament to our exceptional team and the trust our clients—long-term and brand-new—have placed in us. We are immensely proud of our success this year and look forward to continuing this momentum in 2021.”
Throughout 2020, FileTrail has continued its support of key partners and professional associations with sponsorship investments in several events. The company also expanded its long-standing commitment to community outreach, with continued support of select charitable organizations in its former headquarters location of San Jose, California, and initiatives being launched in its new headquarters of Austin, Texas, which will continue in 2021 and beyond.