Electronic documents have become more prevalent across every sector. The global pandemic has triggered an unprecedented shift toward paperless processes — but the reality is that most organizations still have archives of physical records that are very costly to store and difficult to track.
As companies evolve over time — with mergers and acquisitions, expansion and restructuring — physical records typically become increasingly difficult to manage. In many industries, they also pose significant risks if information is not protected and destroyed in a timely manner.
Relying on legacy records management systems such as LegalKEY is inefficient, and can further compound security and compliance risks.
FileTrail GPS Records Manager is the leading records management solution for large- and mid-sized enterprises in heavily regulated industries. FileTrail provides a modern approach to physical records management, providing visibility into both your physical and electronic records through a single intuitive web-based system.
A Unified Workspace
FileTrail GPS – Records Manager makes it easy to manage and track your physical records alongside your electronic files. Authorized users can access a comprehensive, actionable dashboard via desktop, tablet or smartphone. Seamless integration with leading document management systems (DMS) and electronic content management systems (ECM) such as SharePoint, NetDocuments, iManage, OpenText and IBM, means users can view their files within a single pane of glass.
- Advanced Search & Locate — Quickly find the exact document you need, regardless of how many thousands of records you’re searching; bar codes and RFID help you to track and view items from the folder level to the box level, so you can respond quickly to requests for retrieval and pickup
- Streamlined Search — Easily configure search forms and results using unlimited user-defined fields; create saved searches for routine searches to maximize efficiency
- Ranked Results — Use full-text Amazon-style search and get back ranked results; metadata fields and imaged documents included
- Off-Site Storage — Submit requests and view pending orders to off-site storage facilities via close integration with Iron Mountain and other major vendors
- Labels — Design and print bar-coded labels and color-coded labels from any workstation
- Mobile Access — Simplify tracking, auditing and pulling for request fulfillment and destruction on Android devices
- Custom Reporting Engine — Generate custom reports and download search results as a .csv or .pdf file as needed
Migration from Legacy Systems
The extreme configurability of FileTrail — unlimited user-defined fields and user-defined screens for different types of records — makes it straightforward to migrate legacy data. And the quality of data collected moving forward can be improved by defining new screens with different fields and stricter validation.
FileTrail has experience migrating data from legacy systems including LegalKEY, ARM/FileSurf, iRIMS, Accutrac, Elite RM, Aderant RM, Access, FileTrack, Infolinx, Tab, Smead, Versatile, Stellent, OmniRIM, O’Neil, and other products and data sources.