Law firms everywhere are now looking to replace LegalKEY because they’re paying annual support but they’re not getting any new product features or upgrades. The risk to firms in keeping older systems like LegalKEY is significant. However, some firms have been reluctant to upgrade their records management software because they don’t want to give up useful features.
User groups agree: The newest upgrades minimize disruption after migration
During the first half of 2017 FileTrail listened to user feedback and developed several cutting-edge LegalKEY features to make the transition from LegalKEY as easy as possible.
Working closely with the LegalKEY user community, FileTrail took the opportunity to upgrade our system by not only delivering the important features customers are unwilling to give up, but also improving upon them. We vetted our design and approach with these users, who are excited about the improvements and now feel they can replace their legacy systems with our more modern product.
Replacing LegalKEY with FileTrail couldn’t be easier
FileTrail’s best-in-class records management software now includes these features:
- Workspace: Expandos and Folders are now displayed below the Matter (like the Workspace tree shown in LegalKEY), but enhanced with a user-defined format.
- Reporting: New functions that help provide useful reporting include:
- A graphing wizard to open the possibility for variations of canned reports to fit specific needs, allowing for management reports to show trends in powerful graphs.
- An ad hoc report designer that allows users to easily build reports and add them to the menus on Reports, the Workspace and Carts.
- The ability for custom reports built by an integrator or internal IT to be appended to FileTrail menus, eliminating the need for repetitive requests from IT.
- Item View: Configuration options allow placement of Client-Matter and Matter-related data arranged at the top of the screen.
- Tabbed Views: A new tabbed menu provides one-click access to different views of record data.
- Volume Numbers: Adjustments to Folder numbering now use one part from the Expando and another part to form a unique number for the Folder.
- Contents: Additional functions improve the Box window by:
- Adding more contents to a Box or Expando by scanning bar codes.
- Removing selected Expandos from a Box.
- Moving selected Folders to a new Expando or moving selected Expandos to a new Box.
- Replicate: This function allows one-click duplication of a record and eliminates the dangerous option to replicate hundreds at once.
- Restrict Media to Container: This new configuration option requires that Folders be created within an Expando.
FileTrail has the industry’s premier solution
The latest enhancements demonstrate FileTrail’s deep commitment to ongoing product development. We are constantly releasing new upgrades to ensure that law firms have the features they need in a modern records management system.
Here’s what John Churchill, records department manager at Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough, says about his firm’s move to FileTrail:
“It has been many years since we have had any LegalKEY upgrades or significant product enhancements. Since future development is over, we have turned to FileTrail as a replacement. FileTrail provides the flexibility, continual development, software integrations and advanced reporting features we need to properly manage our records program going forward.”
Download the case study: